Creamy Cashew Carrot Cake
Check out https://frulution.com/2015/12/16/carrot-cake-cashew-nycing/ for the RECIPE for this light, silky, mouthwatering Nycing
As I was making this cake I started to laugh simply out of pure amazement of how something soooooo delicious could be soooooo healthy!
Please, Please, Please try this Recipe…it may just change your life;)
- 1.5 lb dry shredded coconut – I crack,shred, and dry my own coconut, but bulk or bag variety can be used too!
- 1 lb Medjool Dates
- 1 lb carrots (the ones with the stems are sweeter!)
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 6 whole Clove (crush)
- 1/2 Nutmeg
- 1 cup Raisins (optional)
- Sunflower Seeds – sprouted (optional)
- Pit and blend dates in food processor
- Peel and Shred carrots using the small holes on grater – I like the carrots finer but if you like more of a crunch use the larger side
- Mix dates, carrots, spices and coconut in large bowl
- Add Sunflower seeds and Raisins
- Roll into 3 large balls
- Flatten with hand – creating 1/2″ discs
- Spread icing 1 layer at a time. Once you have placed the last layer on top, spread icing generously down the sides and all around
*** If the Cake base is too wet then add more dry coconut or add cashew/almond flour to help absorb moisture.
This Recipe has been inspired by my RawFood mentor who I am forever grateful for.
Become like the food you eat- Healthy, Radiant and Pure!
Made with Love, Candise