Creamy Cauliflower Confetti Salad
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper
- 2 Cobs of Corn
- 1/4 Red Chilli (as much heat as you can handle!)
- 1/2 Cup Hemp Seeds (soaked)
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Pressed Orange Juice (can also use whole orange without seeds)
- 1″ Ginger (peeled)
- 1 Tsp Cumin
Chop Cauliflower and Red pepper into 1″ pieces. Place in Food Processor and pulse until cauliflower becomes crumbly (not mushy & wet). Place mixture in large mixing bowl. Next, Break corn or cut in 1/2. Cut kernels off corn by putting the flat side on cutting board and slide knife slowly down each side close to the core. Mix with Cauliflower and red pepper.
- Toss all Hemp,Orange juice,ginger and cumin into High Power Blender (Vita-mix, BlendTec, Patriot)
- Blend Until Smooth
- Pour over leafy greens and cauliflower (Above Pic- Kale and Alfalfa Sprouts)
How to buy / what to look for
If the leaves are in good condition, chances are the florets are too. If you do end up with one that’s going a bit brown, trim and eat immediately as it won’t last very long.
Lots of vitamin C, B6, folate, protein and fibre.
Keep in the fridge in a brown paper bag, upside down to keep condensation from happening at the tips. Will last upto a week.